Join us on Wednesday 7 June at 7.30pm AEST for a free webinar on an evidence-based approach to primary mathematics with the brilliant Kieran Mackle.
Kieran is a UK Primary Mathematics Specialist Teacher, with a keen interest in evidence informed practice. The author of Tackling Misconceptions in Primary Mathematics and Thinking Deeply about Primary Mathematics, and the host of Thinking Deeply about Primary Education podcast.
The webinar covers:
- The nature of mathematics education research and some of the best bets based on the available literature
- Exploring the application of the research in a primary setting
- The mastery model of schooling, worked examples, variation theory, and general principles for the use of manipulatives
- Breaking the ideas down into actionable steps
Check out these links to some of Kieran’s work:
- Thinking Deeply about Primary Education Podcast
- Tackling Misconceptions in Primary Mathematics
- Thinking Deeply about Primary Mathematics
Register for the webinar via the link here. If you can’t make it live you will automatically be emailed a copy of the recording.